Online course: DIY Backdrops
Learn the exact steps on how to create your own unique photography backgrounds
I have something special for you!
As a (food) photographer, backdrops are one of the most important things which will help you to create your own unique style.
By creating my own backdrops, I was able to respond directly to my client’s needs.
In a short time, for a special photography or styling assignment, I was able to paint the backdrop to match the style.
This is exactly what you’ll learn in my online course DIY backdrops.
You will get FREE access to this online course and ALL my other courses in Mylucie Membership.
Price: €47 per month
Do you recognize this?
Are you a food or product photographer? Would you like to learn how to make your own unique backdrops just like I do, but you don’t have a clue where to start?
In this online course, you will learn to apply the techniques to create unique photography backgrounds yourself.
It frustrates you that you see cool backdrops for product photography at others. You also want a large canvas backdrop to hang in your living room so that you immediately have a totally different backdrop for your portrait photography or still life of flowers.
But where do you start? You’re wondering exactly what materials you should purchase.
You are also a bit unsure because painting is not your strong suit. You wonder if you can make it happen.
One thing is certain; you now want to learn to make your own backrops so you can distinguish yourself from others.
Do not settle for an 'okay' background. Create the best fit.
After this course, you will know:
In this online “DIY Backdrops” course, I will show you which materials and techniques you can use to make your own photography backdrops.
I will show you 13 techniques to make backdrops. I also show you how I use the light when photographing my setting. You can make these backdrops at home, and you can also order the materials to get started at home. Say goodbye to not matching backgrounds. You can do this yourself, and it is also super fun to do!
You can start this course whenever you want.
You have lifetime access.
Join Mylucie Membership an doet acces to more then 80 video’s about DIY’s, foodstyling & food photography.
Price: €47,-per month.
This course consists of several modules
- Module 1: Painting backdrop on wood, using the technique “blending.”
- Module 2: Painting a backdrop using a special wad for a beautiful effect.
- Module 3: Backdrop making: a cementlook backdrop. BONUS: concrete backdrop. Making an old rustic background.
- Module 4: Making a backdrop from a fabric with paint.
- Module 5: Making an old rusty background.
- Module 6: Painting a backdrop with a special ingredient and paint; making your paint thicker and your texture more visible.
- Module 7: making a backdrop with flaking paint, just like an old wooden door in France.
- Module 8: blue backdrop with wood structure.
- Module 9: using paper in your backdrop.
- Module 10: using the crackle technique to create a crackle effect.
- Module 11: a dark moody backdrop with a particular ingredient.
- Module 12: painting with lace.
- Module 13: canvas with structure.
- BONUS: FREE ACCESS to my online course, “Making canvas backdrops.” Including a bonus with painting napkins.
- BONUS pimp your old cutlery.
I try to use as many inexpensive materials as possible so that it remains fun for everyone.
Start making your own photography backdrops!
Price: €47,- per month
Since the beginning of my career as a food photographer and food stylist, I make my own backdrops. I have been painting for a long time.
My first business was making paintings for the children’s room. I worked in set design, where I learned several techniques.
I studied Creative Therapy Visual, where I also learned a lot about the materials you can work with. And painting and new techniques are still a favorite pastime of mine.
Just like photography and styling, I can also get into a “flow” here.
And also here it is accessible; it is mainly doing it, and you can hardly make any mistakes. You just do not want it to be perfect because you want a “lived” backdrop.
How does a course ons Instagram work?
You can take this course on a private account on Instagram: @diybackdrops. You can view the course on your phone or tablet.
Once you have purchased your ticket you will get access on the instagram account if you have submitted it.
You can find the videos, presentations, photos and text in the highlights (the circles at the top).
Occasionally you will be redirected to an IGTV.
If I go LIVE on this account then the circle turns red. If you click on it you can watch the live broadcast.
I also share it so if you can’t be there you can watch it later.
- After payment, you will receive an email with info to access the course @diybackdrops on Instagram.
- Request @diybackdrops on Instagram, and you will be admitted.
- You can see and read the course on videos, photos, and text that appear in the feed, and stories of the Instagram account.
- You can watch this course in your own time. You have lifetime access to this course.
- If you are accepted everything is ready, and you can start.
- The course will be held in English.
- BONUS: you get FREE access to my course “DIY Canvas Backdrops” worth $19,-
Here I show you how you can paint beautiful backdrops from canvas with stunning, profound effects.
- After payment, you will receive an invoice in your mailbox with VAT, to claim it for business use.
- The course consists of several modules and each module takes about 15 minutes.
- You can pay with iDeal, your credit card, or Paypal.